Thursday, May 9, 2013

Our Glory Tour Day One: The Whistle Stops here.

I left Edmonton at 3:00pm today.

I had to work at one of my many jobs before leaving, which was a good thing. I actually had a chance to focus on something that had NOTHING to do with my CD or my tour, which was refreshing... but I am happy to be back to the CD/tour mindset.

Because I always take my bike or the bus everywhere, I had to rent a vehicle for my trip. I wa SHOCKED when the rental company gave me a LUXURY vehicle because they didn't have the cheap economy vehicle I wanted.

I AM A KING!

Leather seats. Sun roof. Heated seats. CUP HOLDERS?!?! This is heaven.

My destination was Jasper for my first night, which is a wee lil 3 hours away from Edmonton. A very small drive, compared to the NINE HOURS I have to drive tomorrow... (what was I thinking??)

The Whistle Stop pub was my home for the night, and it actually did feel like home. All the staff treated me like I was a regular, which is always good. I started playing music and (unlike most bars I have played at in my life) everyone stopped and listened. It was a little bit surreal. I met some lovely people in town from England, and we had a great chat about Yorkshire (which is one of my favorite places).

During my second set, things got crazy. During my last song, a bunch of people came in and yelled "WE LOVE LIVE MUSIC!!!" and sat right in front of me. What was I supposed to do? I couldn't end the night then. So, I did what any musician would do... I played all of the songs I already played in 3/4 time.

It was great. WALTZES FOR ALL!!

I had a blast, and the audience did too. Possibly one of my favorite bars to play ever. So much love!

Now, I must sleep as I have to be on the road at 6am tomorrow!


Until tomorrow,

The girl who is ready for touring day two.

No comments:

Post a Comment