Monday, January 17, 2011

All work and no play make "The Shining" a movie I may never see.

As I look out my window this afternoon, I see nothing but piles of snow, and violent shards of ice flying down towards the ground at high speeds, I can start to understand how Jack Torrance brutally murdered his wife and son in the movie "The Shining" (here's a great piece of trivia for you about me: I NEVER WATCH MOVIES.  But I usually have a good inkling about what the premise of the movie is.  Let's see now... "The Shining"....  This movie is about a family who lives in Canada during the winter and the husband ends up becoming so frustrated with the snow that he believes his wife is the "Snow Devil" and bludgeons her to death in a fit of rage, and also murders his son because he never really liked his son and was slowly poisoning him anyway.  Jack is acquitted of his crimes because - well who could blame him - the snow sometimes makes you do some funny things. And children suck.  Yep.  That's the shining in a nutshell...) 

And just in case I have been living inside a cellar for the past week, my mother (who has just learned the "art" of text messaging...) has been constantly waking me up with text messages like "man, this weather" or "it's snowing here" or "another day of work!' I am pretty close to blocking her phone number from my phone.  Not because I am upset with her, or ashamed of receiving her text messages.  The only reason why I would would be to make her pissed off at me (that's right - I am that kind of daughter). My mom will probably read this and immediately text me afterwards about that too.  Oh mother...

So I wiped out on the bus the other day, and I don't think I will ever get over it.  Falling down is one thing, but falling ass-first on the bus is something else.  And I love when people fall they usually say something like "there's a slippery spot here" or "jeez, these boots" or "I'm kind of retarded".  I really wanted to say the latter, but bit my tongue.  So I just sat on the bus and awaited my faithful stop to get the eff off and never see those bastards again.  Until I took the exact same bus to work the next day (and the day after that, and the day after that..you get the picture)

I could use this time to go into greater detail about how much I HATE public transit, but I will take the high-road and let it stew inside of me until I snap one day and go on some sort of shooting rampage.  At a shooting range.  Against a paper target. Then I will go home and sleep soundly knowing I could've (but didn't).  But could've. That's the main thing I guess.  

See you again when I decide to (a) stop taking the bus or (b)  buy a gun.


2 comments:

  1. Very interesting, I'm equal parts entertained, and concerned for your general well being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on the hatred toward public transit! Edmonton seriously has to work on their transit system!!

    http://mixedmediumstheatre.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete